Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Today I am fondly remembering my dad and am grateful to God for his life and testimony. Happy Father's Day, Dad and Grandpa! You are loved and missed!
(Click on photos to enlarge them. They are much better that way)

Grandpa with Tyler (and his one shoe!) - summer of "96. Dad was struggling with cancer but was still able to drive most days from the house in town out to his favorite place - the farm (that he and mom built from "scratch"!).

Many happy memories of horse and wagon rides with Grandpa. One of my warmest memories of dad while growing up is lying in bed very early in the morning and hearing dad leave the house to go to the barn to milk the cows. He always had a friendly greeting for our dog who was eagerly waiting for him and wildly wagging his tail, I'm sure. And he would whistle or sing while he headed out to begin his work day, dog right by his side!


Dad and me on the farm - Summer of '96

Happy Father's Day, Dad Shuman! I am so thankful to the Lord for you. Through the years your love for Jesus and your commitment to your family has been so evident to me. Thank-you for being a wonderful father-in-law and a great Grandpa to Luke and Tyler.





To the best and coolest dad I know! Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband! Thank-you for loving on Luke and Tyler since the day they were born and for being a godly and wise and devoted father to them. We three love you fiercely!



What can I say?! Nice scarf, Tyler!

1 comment:

Jesse and Doris Frank said...

Wow! Sandee...this took a bit of work! I enjoyed looking at all of them! What nice pictures of our Dad! I miss him and thought about him lots on Sunday. So glad you shared these! Thanks! ♥

PS The one of Dad looking in the barn makes me smile...Jesse was in the barn by himself trying to put a halter on a new colt! There was a lot of scuffing going on in there! Dad was not strong enough to help but he wasn't going to miss the excitement!