Monday, August 02, 2010

A visit to Compassion

Today I had the opportunity to visit Compassion headquarters, just 4 miles from our house. This place is huge! It took me 10 minutes (well, maybe it was 5!) just to find the main entrance!


Dr. Wess Stafford, president of Compassion, spoke at BFA in April. He told us about an artist he commissioned to sculpt a life size of Jesus that would greet visitors as they enter the foyer of Compassion headquarters. He had it sculpted in such a way to allow children to climb up and sit on his lap. It was very moving for me to be able to see this "for real" during my visit this morning!
If you visit Compassion you will also see other sculptures by the same artist. I especially love this one! One of the verses engraved in the bronze Bible is John 3:16





No comments: