Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sketching in Basel, Switzerland

OOPS. This was supposed to be posted to Tim's Blog. Oh well.
The other day, July 14 2010, we went to Basel, Switzerland one last time. I had to make a sketch. A sketch is like the ultimate souvenir. It's locks in the memory of the moment. One thing I will not forget about that day was the HEAT! It was somewhere around 37C/98F. I was happy for the shade. That's the Rhein River in the foreground and the Muenster in the background.
This is the finished product.
This is a close up of the left side. I enjoyed sketching in the David Harrop Family Swimmers who went by and yelled their invitation to us to join them. :-)
Close up of the right side.
Why does my wife's purse always show up in these pictures of me sketching?

1 comment:

Shawna said...

I love that the Harrops made it into your sketch!! A VERY fun memory of your last day in BSL!