Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Visiting my roots.......

I am now in Canada, my home and native land! Visiting my family in Saskatchewan.

I took this picture while driving - it wasn't too dangerous - not a car in sight and a very typical, straight and rather boring stretch of highway!

Welcome to Saskatchewan!

Main street in Luseland, my home town! Taken at rush hour!

While I was out walking around town this morning the train came by so I quickly took a picture. I am lucky to have captured it because it was only three cars long!


I grew up on a farm which was on a dirt road 9 miles from Luseland. I like the dust blowing(behind a vehicle) in this picture because that is a vivid memory of my growing up years.

Church steeple on the United Church

The main purpose of this trip was to visit my 92(93 in November) year old mother. It is wonderful to be with her again and to spend a few days together. My twin sister, Sherri, came as well for a brief visit. Her and I had a very short but sweet time of catching up after not seeing each other for 3 years.
Here's me, my mom, and my twin.....

Sherri and I

Do we look like twins?!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Shawna said...

cute pics, Sandee! And I'm glad Sherrie was able to come for a visit!

Howard and Eileen Dueck said...

i love canada - especially the small prairie towns that still have the big grain elevators with the town's name on them. great post!

Anonymous said...

What amazing memory shots! I enjoyed every single moment.I have not been back to my roots since I was 7 so maybe it's a trip I need to take one day as well. I LOVE the photo of you and your twin with your ma and will definitely make sure my ma sees these. Thanks for sharing! Cheryl