Thursday, February 14, 2008

Speaking of love......

I was going through some old photos this morning and found these from 1986! They were taken when Tim came to BFA to visit me. We had been corresponding for five (long!) years. Our friendship through letters eventually turned into a budding romance, and then Tim knew that he had to come and see me! So....after five years of not seeing each other, we finally met again! Three months later Tim asked me to marry him. Very romantic, wouldn't you agree?!


Tim proposed to me in the heart of the Swiss Alps while we were both sitting on this particular park bench! He engraved our engagement date on the bench to commemorate the occasion (September 6, 1986)!

The mountain range overlooking our bench! The hills were very much alive that day with the sound of music.....and LOVE!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, and I thought my park bench proposal in Birmingham, England was good! Well done, Tim. :-)