Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Tim took me out for dinner tonight and we had fun reminicing about our very first Valentine's Day in 1986. We weren't together for that one. We were 5,000 miles apart! I was living in Germany(working at BFA) and he was completing his last semester at Kent State in Ohio. I still remember having roses delivered to me(from Tim) and the excitement that caused in Storchenblick dorm! Those are very happy memories!

Tim and I decided that we would tell "our story" to my small group on Wednesday night since it was the day before Valentine's. We invited another small group of BFA guys to join us. They seemed quite "engaged" as we told them them how we fell in love; they asked some great questions! Tim encouraged each of them to start praying for their life partner now. He also challenged them to work on making themselves "marriable" by seeking to become men and women of godliness. We encouraged them not to settle for second best but to wait for God's best even if it seems to take awhile(Tim and I weren't married until we were 29). These kids are amazing! We had a great evening together!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: