Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Dublin by Night - Part II

Last night, after our adventures on the coast (which included a whole lot of walking) we were very tired. However, we really wanted to check out the Samuel Beckett Bridge, which was a good hike - probably a mile - from our hotel. Off we went to check it out. Well worth it!
The bridge was designed by internationally acclaimed architect Dr. Santiago Calatrava Valls. The dramatic shape gives the appearance of a harp lying on it’s side. The bridge is capable of swinging open to allow ships to pass through.











1 comment:

Grammy said...

Love your trip to Ireland. I feel like I was there also! Thank you so much for posting so many wonderful pictures!
Jill

ps - sorry my account always says mom! For a long time I only followed my daughter's blog!