Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cool mementos from Thailand

Tim is home and I am happy!
Check out the cool gifts he brought back from generous friends in Thailand. Well, one of these gifts is not so cool and it is hiding in my cupboard so I don't have to look at it! Guess which one!!
Inside these beautiful wooden boxes is a wonderful surprise - delicate and very detailed flowers carved out of soap.

The soap flowers were purchased at the night market in Chiang Mai. Here is the seller at his stall, carving a flower out of soap.






Yup! This would be the not-so-cool gift! Fried larvae. Yum! Adults and kids eat these as a snack in Thailand. 

Banana chips in different flavors. We won't know what the flavor is until we sample them since we can't read the Thai description on the bag!

A gift for me from a staff member of Chiang Rai International Christian School. This scarf is gorgeous, the most beautiful I've ever had. Tim goes back to Thailand in November. I think I need to go with him so I can thank this staff member in person!


No comments: