Saturday, September 17, 2011

Hiking Stanley Canyon


Early this morning we did a very challenging hike above Colorado Springs to Stanley Canyon and reservoir. Family friend, Chad, an officer and periodontist in the Air Force, recently moved to the Springs and took us on this hike (which required military I.D. since it is on USAFA property). Today was another amazing chance to enjoy God's beautiful creation - the aspens beginning to change color, the panoramic views from up high, and Chad's two adorable dogs with boundless energy just like their master!
By the way, Tim does not usually hug trees! However, this aspen has an unusually huge trunk, so we took a picture to show the size of it.













1 comment:

Lindy said...

I'm so glad to hear you say that this was a difficult hike! I did that one with Jay Henry on my back when he was about 7 months old, and thought I was SO out of shape from having a baby! I'm so happy to hear that it was a tough hike for you, too! :) It's more beautiful than I remember. Maybe I should go back (and make Jay Henry hike it himself!).