Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Images of Ecuador

Tim just returned home from a trip to Quito, Ecuador. He attended and spoke at an international Christian educator's conference which was held at The Alliance Academy, an MK school very similar to BFA.
Note: Oops! These photos accidentally have my watermark on them. I obviously didn't take them!

Tim's favorite food in Ecuador was ceviche, a tomato-based cold soup with shrimp and onion in it. Topped with popcorn and corn nuts. Tim says that Ecuadorians use popcorn as a topping on a lot of their food.


Countryside in Ecuador.




Cotopaxi, the only mountain on the equator in Ecuador that has snow on it. The equator runs through Ecuador. That is how the country got its name.

Beautiful people.


Check out this musician's tip container!







Grilled corn, dipped in butter, then rolled in grated cheese. Sold at the market.







Sunday lunch - roast guinea pig!



25 roses for $1!!!!

Nice!

Aerial of Ecuador.


Coral reef

3 comments:

Andy said...

Ah, I missed out on eating cui (guinea pig) while I was down there. My wife is an MK from Quito, and we were married at the Larsen center at HCJB.

Shawna said...

Wow. Beautiful.

Mrs. Michelle said...

Guinea pig?! Those are supposed to be pets! Good for you Tim, I don't think I could've done that.
Beautiful photos.