Monday, May 24, 2010

Tea Time

Yesterday the senior girls (Grade 12 for you Canadians!) were honored at an afternoon tea - each one could invite "a woman who has had a significant role in their life at BFA". Those girls from the senior class who live locally invited their moms. The girls who live in the residences could choose someone to invite, and 4 of my small group invited me. What an honor!
We were given the opportunity to share a blessing to pass on to "our girls". I shared (tried to share - through my tears!) two verses that are very meaningful to me and express my heart and prayer for these precious women.
"Therefore my sisters, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown....stand firm in the Lord"! - Philippians 4:13
"They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor." - Isaiah 61:3
Katey, Jessica, Lizzy, Kyra and Anna have all grown so much at BFA. They are becoming oaks of righteousness who are a beautiful display of His splendor! My prayer is that they will stand firm in the Lord as they leave this place. Then they will continue to blossom and bring glory to Him by "displaying Him" whenever they go.




Lizzy, Jessica, Stephanie, and Jessica. Stephanie is these 3 girls' dorm mom. She is an amazing woman of God and an incredible example to me. I have the privilege of working alongside her when Tim and I sub at Palmgarten.







Me and Kate, a sweet Australian who went to Kenya with me last year.

Mother and daughter, Diane and Hannah. Diane is in my ladies Bible study group. I am going to miss her!

Rachel and Anna with Miss Young, a long-time English teacher at BFA. She is the BEST!! She has helped to prepare many BFA students for life in the college classroom.

Mothers and daughters


Posted by Picasa

No comments: