Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mountains and blue sky

Today I walked up to a pasture high above our town because I knew the Swiss Alps were visible. This doesn't happen too often because of clouds or haze. The view was especially beautiful because of the layers of fog in between the mountains and the hills.
Looking west.......these are the Alsace mountains across the border in France (we're a 20 minute drive from France).

Looking south......the dark narrow ridge in the distance is Switzerland (we're a 20 minute drive from Switzerland). Behind that ridge is a little glimpse of the Alps. Don't you wish you could be Heidi for a day?!

Looking down on our town




3 comments:

Mrs. Michelle said...

Great pictures Sandee!

RobCarey said...

These are spectacular photos- home!

Paul and Cheri said...

ok... I'm going to whine and complain. Your life looks too peaceful. I want to go on these kind of walks where life looks like it has no conflicts or busyness, like it's just a "walk in the woods". Do we even have that kind of picturesque settings in OHio? I don't think so. So, as much as I enjoy all of your pictures with a sigh and an ahhh ... today they are making me feel a little nauseated!

Your loving sister!