Saturday, October 14, 2006

Books I'm reading right now.

This is the amazing autobiography of Eddie Rickenbacker. It's a bit old, but it is a very good story and easy to read. His parents were Swiss immigrants to Ohio. Eddie was born in Columbus, Ohio. Eddie was a race car driver, a WWI flying ace, built his own car, joined GM, purchased Eastern Airlines, served in WWII, had MANY amazing near death experiences (through these he knew God had spared him for a reason), and was a Christian believer.
Another amazing true story of the original pilgrims who landed in America. I only just started this book, but I am surprised at what I have already learned. So many things I simply didn't know before. These were some outstanding tough, yet loving people who were looking for a new land where they could worship God freely and build a life and community that would honor Him. When they landed there was NOTHING. Hundreds had made an attempt at colonizing America and most had died trying. I am looking forward to reading more.
I'm reading this excellent book AGAIN. "Too Busy Not to Pray". The title wraps it all up. My copy is getting so marked up I can hardly read it. I recommend this book often. I enjoy almost anything that Bill Hybels writes. Easy to read, truth based upon scripture, with just enough of his stories and humor keep me wanting more. This book got me started on a prayer journal separate from my daily journal. Posted by Picasa

No comments: